This Chicken Noodle soup is a great go-to that is pretty easy and inexpensive to make! This is also a great meal to take to new moms, a sick friend, or to send love to someone and save them from having to cook for the evening (because who doesn’t love that?!) It’s easy to double, so make a batch for yourself and one to share!
- Chicken (we use a rotisserie chicken from the store but I’ve also cooked 3-4 chicken breasts in the oven or instant pot)
- 2 cans of chicken broth (add more to your liking if you like it a little more “brothy”)
- Egg noodles (frozen is our favorite because they are thicker!)
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 slices of onion chopped
- 3-5 carrots chopped
- 1 package of Lipton Noodle Soup (chicken)
- 1 package of Norr vegetable soup/dip
- 1 can of cream of chicken
Warm a few tablespoons of butter in a medium to large pot.
Once melted, add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, and chopped carrots. Sauté until light in color, a little translucent, and fragrant.
Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken, Lipton noodle soup, Norr vegetable soup/dip and stir.
Allow mixture to come to a boil, add egg noodles. (For the rest of this step, you can follow directions on noodle package)
Stir in chicken and allow to simmer for a few more minutes.
Once it’s heated through, it’s ready to eat!
Serve with crackers and enjoy!