A great go-to that is pretty inexpensive to make and can feed several mouths is my go-to Chicken Noodle Soup! It’s actually my moms recipe but we make it so much, I’m starting to claim it as mine haha! This is also a great meal to take to new moms, someone who is recovering from a surgery or illness or just to take to a mom friend so she doesn’t have to cook for the evening. It’s easy to double, so make a batch for yourself and one for your friend’s family! In our family we aren’t super specific on measurements so you’ll see that in this recipe. For all my gals who like specifics… sorry!
- Chicken (we use a rotisserie chicken from the store but I’ve also cooked 3-4 chicken breasts in the oven or instant pot)
- 2 cans of chicken broth (add more to your liking if you like it a little more “brothy”)
- Egg noodles (frozen is our favorite because they are thicker!)
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 slices of onion chopped
- 3-5 carrots chopped
- 1 package of Lipton Noodle Soup (chicken)
- 1 package of Norr vegetable soup/dip
- 1 can of cream of chicken
Warm a few tablespoons of butter in a medium to large pot.
Once melted, add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, and chopped carrots. Sauté until light in color, a little translucent, and fragrant.
Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken, Lipton noodle soup, Norr vegetable soup/dip and stir.
Allow mixture to come to a boil, add egg noodles. (For the rest of this step, you can follow directions on noodle package)
Stir in chicken and allow to simmer for a few more minutes.
Once it’s heated through, it’s ready to eat!
Serve with crackers and enjoy!